This Privacy Notice sets out:
• who we are;
• why we need to collect your personal data;
• the general categories of personal data that we may process;
• the purposes for which we may process your personal data;
• the legal bases of the processing;
• who has access to your data and who the data may be shared with;
• how we will protect your data;
• how long we will retain your data;
• your rights as a data subject;
• consequences of failure to provide personal data.
The Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme is administered by East Midlands Business Limited (EMB) on behalf of
the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). DCMS helps to drive growth, enrich lives and
promote Britain abroad. DCMS protects and promotes our cultural and artistic heritage and helps businesses and
communities to grow by investing in innovation and highlighting Britain as a fantastic place to visit. DCMS helps to
give the UK a unique advantage on the global stage, striving for economic success.
More information about EMB can be found at: http://www.emb-group.co.uk/about-us/
DCMS is the controller and EMB is the processor of the information that we collect about you.
The contact details for DCMS’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) are:
Data Protection Officer
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport
100 Parliament Square
DCMS’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: email@example.com
EMB’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DCMS and EMB are committed to being transparent about how they collect and use personal data and to meeting
their data protection obligations.
The information which we are required to collect and process includes:
• name, job title, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number.
• Information relating to the Place of Worship that you represent to allow us to process your application.
Processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which DCMS and EMB are subject.
The Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme is government funded, which requires DCMS and EMB to collect and
process a range of details about the applicants.
Your information may be shared internally, including with project staff and managers and IT staff if access to the
data is necessary for performance of their roles.
DCMS and EMB may also share your data with third parties that process data on their behalf and which provide
services to the Government and applicants as part of the Listed Places of Worship Grant scheme. DCMS and EMB
do not permit third parties to use the data for any other purpose.
Information may also be shared with other government bodies and funding organisations in order to detect and
DCMS and EMB will retain the data pertaining to the Listed Places of Worship Grant applicants until at least seven
years after your last application or claim is closed.
DCMS and EMB take security of your data seriously. The organisations have internal policies and controls in place to
try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by
employees in the performance of their duties. EMB holds Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO27001 accreditation.
Where DCMS or EMB engages third parties to process personal data on their behalf, they do so on the basis of
written instructions, and under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and
organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
This website contains links to websites of other organisations. Please note, this privacy notice does not cover how other organisations process your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of the other websites you visit.
You have several rights in relation to the information that we hold about you:
• Access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information;
• Rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information which you believe to be inaccurate. You
also have the right to ask us to complete information which you think is incomplete;
• Erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
• Restriction of Processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in
• Object to Processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain
• Data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another
organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances;
• Automated decisions and profiling – you have the right to prevent your information being processed and
decisions made about your solely by automated means (without any human involvement).
DCMS and EMB do not use automated decision-making in the delivery of the administration of the Listed Places of
Worship Grant Scheme.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are not satisfied with the way
that either DCMS or EMB has handled your information.
The ICO is an independent body set up to upload information rights in the United Kingdom. They can also provide
advice and guidance and can be contacted through the Information Commissioner’s website (www.ico.org.uk), via
the helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office